Jonathan Cahn in his book Harbinger, cites the writing of the Old Testament prophet Isaiah who once warned Israel about their soon demise which was to result from their refusal to adhere to God’s guidelines. Because Israel failed to obey God and instead applied their own powers of reason to develop solutions to immanent threats from Assyria, they fell into economic ruin, moral decline and, ultimately captivity
Like Israel in Isaiah’s day, we have become self-confident and arrogant, forgetting that our nation was founded on basic Christian principles.
- The Judeo-Christian scriptures were the principle source of moral teaching.
- Our laws were based on English Common Law which drew their origin from Christian teachings.
- Even those personally unfamiliar with Jesus Christ as a personal savior were familiar with Biblical moral and ethical standards.
- Though a number of our founding fathers did not consider themselves good Christians—a number were Deists—they still valued and honored the Christian moral standards commonly accepted by society at that time.
- Christian moral standards were embedded in our founding documents and were assumed to be the guiding principles by which our new government would be run.
Isaiah wrote several “woes” to Israel:
- Woe to those who call evil good and good evil.
- [Woe to those] who put darkness for light and light for darkness.
- [Woe to those] who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
- Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
- Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks.
- [Woe to those] who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent.
He then chides them for rejecting “the law of the Lord Almighty” and spurning “the word of the Holy One of Israel.” Israel forgot who their source is and substituted their own skills, knowledge, and wisdom for that of the Creator of the Universe. (Isaiah 5:20-24)
In this election, we saw:
- Overt lying by the incumbent presidential candidate and his sycophants.
- Reports of election fraud in a number of precincts.
- Refusal to provide evidence of citizenship eligibility and blocking of honest attempts to validate eligibility.
- Evidence of arrogance and an attitude of being “wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.”
- Misrepresentation of facts to Democratic constituents.
- Denial of opportunities for military members to vote by diversion or restriction of delivery of the necessary absentee ballots.
Where is the outrage? Where is the demand for investigation of the anomalies? Where is the timely follow-up to the events in Libya which resulted in the death of four Americans? Where is the call for cessation of influence by foreign agents within our government?
Evangelical Christians substantially stayed away from the polls because of their dislike of a candidate who follows a religion which many categorize as a cult.
Nowhere in the Constitution is there a requirement for a religious test for eligibility to serve in the nation’s top executive office.
Christians are allowing themselves to fall into the pit that captured Israel during Isaiah’s time. As an evangelical Christian, I cannot fathom the immaturity and lack of faith that motivated standing back from the responsibility as believers to speak out via the ballot box against the immoral and unethical actions of an administration which is working apace to destroy our nation.
This is tolerance and stupidity run amuck!
Christians, grow up and follow the biblical exhortation in Romans 12:1-2! We must repent and seek God afresh and anew! Let our minds be renewed by the Holy Spirit! “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Your collaboration in the demise of our nation is not helpful.
Americans, let go of your entitlement mentality and victimhood. If you did not work for it, you did not earn it!
So, what can we do?
- Call, write, and e-mail your legislators to insist they stand up for what you sent them to Congress to do!
- If they fail to adhere to the oath they swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, bring them home at the next election.
- Speak up at every opportunity to those in authority.
- Don’t accept poor performance in our government.
- Seek God’s forgiveness for our national sins.
- Turn to God.
- Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.