Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Do We Know Anyone Like This?
Once upon a time there was a head of state that perpetrated wrongs upon his people such that they felt compelled to respond with strong objection to his policies.
Some of the wrongs cited included:
· Refusal to his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
· Forbidding his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and, when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
· Endeavoring to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners [e.g. Arizona]; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.
· Obstructing the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.
· Making judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
· Erecting a multitude of new offices [e.g. TSA, Homeland Security, DOJ, Muslim liaison, EPA], and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance. [Many of these offices are not truly new, but are taking things in a new direction.]
· Combining with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution and unacknowledged by our laws, giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation in the following:
· For protecting them, by a mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states;
· For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world;
· For imposing taxes on us without our consent [e.g. Obamacare];
· For depriving us, in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury [e.g. National Defense Authorization Act, Sections 1022 and 1023];
· For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments;
· He has excited domestic insurrection among us [e.g. the Occupy Movement], and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes, and conditions.
As our nation’s founders said so well, “In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms; our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.”
The items listed above are among those cited in the 1776 Declaration of Independence against King George of Great Britain in 1776 but are also currently being experienced in America today under the present administration in our nation’s capital.
One has come to expect disingenuousness on the part of politicians who are ethically and often morally challenged, but the current administration and legislature has taken lying to a new art form.
A recent comparison of politicians to bananas states, “Politicians are like bananas; they start off green, then they turn yellow, then they get rotten.” This seems harsh, yet somewhat accurately describes many of the legislators our system of government is filled with.
Lying is endemic in Washington, DC. Most Americans are unable to understand why we are being lied to as a regular practice. When one understands that Muslims are allowed and even encouraged to lie to unbelievers in Islam, it becomes clear that our president is simply living out his Muslim values and socialist mentoring.
Leaving aside the debate about his eligibility to even be president, there is enough evidence to prove that Obama’s Muslim values and ethos are being forced upon this great nation. Sharia law is increasingly being manifested in parts of America.
The chaos resulting from the government’s actions and inactions should be evident to any thinking person who explores information within and outside our liberal media.
We have an opportunity to reject these efforts at the ballot box in November.
We the people have not only a right but also a responsibility to reject progressive, communist and socialist initiatives that are driving us toward a non-American one-world government under the auspices of the United Nations.
First we must pray [a la 2 Chronicles 7:14]. Then we must seek God’s guidance and make our way to the polls to cast votes and reject the evil that is being perpetrated on the United States of America!