Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Once upon a time there was a head of state that perpetrated wrongs upon his people such that they felt compelled to respond with strong objection to his policies.
Some of the wrongs cited included:
· Refusal to his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
· Forbidding his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and, when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
· Endeavoring to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners [e.g. Arizona]; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.
· Obstructing the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.
· Making judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
· Erecting a multitude of new offices [e.g. TSA, Homeland Security, DOJ, Muslim liaison, EPA], and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance. [Many of these offices are not truly new, but are taking things in a new direction.]
· Combining with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution and unacknowledged by our laws, giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation in the following:
· For protecting them, by a mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states;
· For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world;
· For imposing taxes on us without our consent [e.g. Obamacare];
· For depriving us, in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury [e.g. National Defense Authorization Act, Sections 1022 and 1023];
· For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments;
· He has excited domestic insurrection among us [e.g. the Occupy Movement], and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes, and conditions.
As our nation’s founders said so well, “In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms; our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.”
The items listed above are among those cited in the 1776 Declaration of Independence against King George of Great Britain in 1776 but are also currently being experienced in America today under the present administration in our nation’s capital.
One has come to expect disingenuousness on the part of politicians who are ethically and often morally challenged, but the current administration and legislature has taken lying to a new art form.
A recent comparison of politicians to bananas states, “Politicians are like bananas; they start off green, then they turn yellow, then they get rotten.” This seems harsh, yet somewhat accurately describes many of the legislators our system of government is filled with.
Lying is endemic in Washington, DC. Most Americans are unable to understand why we are being lied to as a regular practice. When one understands that Muslims are allowed and even encouraged to lie to unbelievers in Islam, it becomes clear that our president is simply living out his Muslim values and socialist mentoring.
Leaving aside the debate about his eligibility to even be president, there is enough evidence to prove that Obama’s Muslim values and ethos are being forced upon this great nation. Sharia law is increasingly being manifested in parts of America.
The chaos resulting from the government’s actions and inactions should be evident to any thinking person who explores information within and outside our liberal media.
We have an opportunity to reject these efforts at the ballot box in November.
We the people have not only a right but also a responsibility to reject progressive, communist and socialist initiatives that are driving us toward a non-American one-world government under the auspices of the United Nations.
First we must pray [a la 2 Chronicles 7:14]. Then we must seek God’s guidance and make our way to the polls to cast votes and reject the evil that is being perpetrated on the United States of America!
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Under international law, an embassy is actually part of a nation. Will our President step up and show any manhood in this affront to our nation’s sovereignty? You decide. In my opinion, he will continue to support his Muslim brothers and ignore his responsibility to protect and defend the United States of America.
Other nations are waiting to see how we will react to this abomination. The London Telegraph reported in a headline today that the “Death of US ambassador would be act of war.” Will we be weak or strong in this crisis? That’s what radical Muslims are likely to watch for and then react accordingly. With the strong presence of Muslim Brotherhood connected people in the administration advising him, it is likely Obama will show us weak in the eyes of the world and thus invite attacks by radicals on our nation.
President Obama swore or affirmed the following when he took office: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
So far he has done little enough of that. For him to fail to initiate the protection and defense of this nation and its representatives in embassies and consulates around the world, puts him in a category that some might label traitor.
At the inception of this once great nation, it was clearly understood that the primary or sole function of government was to protect and defend the individual liberties of its citizens to provide the benefits cited in the Declaration of Independence: inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America reads:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Prosperity, do ordain and establish this Constitution of the United States of America.
Any sitting president who abrogates that responsibility should be impeached as incompetent.
For Obama’s administration to issue an apology to the Muslims who perpetrated the attack and murder of our ambassador in Libya is a marked indication of his inability to serve as the leader of this nation. His actions since his inauguration have consistently shown his allegiance to individuals and nations whose religion is predominantly Muslim. Although he avers to be a Christian, he has demonstrated no allegiance to any aspect of Christian teaching. Instead, he has, time and time again, shown his preference for those of the Muslim religion, populating his administration with over a dozen people with Muslim Brotherhood connections.
The disdain with which Obama has treated Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel further makes the case for describing Barack Hussein Obama as an anti-American and anti-Israeli bigot. Scripture records that: “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse” (Gen. 12:3 NIV). By Obama’s disdain for Israel, he has invited God to curse our nation. Some of the events we have witnessed these past four years (and even before)—bad economy, unemployment, moral decline, ethical decline, etc.—serve to illustrate the poor leadership we have had to endure because of our failure to live as the Judeo-Christian nation we started out to be.
Unhappily, many of our elected legislators have also fallen into their own forms of sin and selfishness. They seek to enrich themselves at the expense of the public from whom they were elected and are ostensibly representing.
As before, I exhort the citizens of the United States to attend to and do what the passage in 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, in God’s words, “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (NIV)
The media has now reported that the U.S. is responding with a Marine counterterrorist force to investigate the event and provide protection for the embassy to prevent further looting.
That is good, but does not remedy the predilection of the administration to favor Muslims. Some media are reporting that this attack was unrelated to the release of the film purported to denigrate and negatively depict the Muslim prophet Mohammed. The producer of the film is reported to have gone into hiding.